DI is a venture studio based in Chicago, IL. Our clients are leading their respective industries through digital innovation initiatives that are leaving positive, lasting impacts with their users and customers. We help companies like Kindred Healthcare, KPMG, The Chicago Bulls, and Hyla Mobile generate, validate, design, build, launch, and grow new ventures. Our sister VC fund, Founder Equity invests in early stage tech companies.
As a Product Designer at DI, you will join a talented, cross-functional team and deliver thoughtfully crafted products, interfaces and experiences that solve real problems. You’ll use your swath of skills and capabilities in UX, visual design, and prototyping to build empathy with users and create & validate solutions that make an impact on their lives. You’ll also contribute regularly during our rituals and meetings to push our practice forward, improving our processes from learnings and advocating for them across the organization.
You’re probably a good fit if you...
- Have a record of shipping thoughtful, well-executed web and native mobile experiences in collaborative environments.
- Have a strong screen design portfolio.
- Have working knowledge of web & mobile technologies, platforms, and frameworks (and their constraints).
- Are passionate about creating complex systems and keeping them well maintained.
- Are comfortable leading and assisting in user research activities and workshops.
- Are well-versed in HIG and Material Design principles.
- Know your way around Sketch & InVision blindfolded.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Enjoy learning new skills and expanding capabilities.
You’re extra interesting if you have/are...
- Experience in a client services setting.
- Have an interest in, or experience working with startups.
- Experience in emerging design tools/technologies; AR, VR, voice, geo, etc.
- Personal creative or tech projects.
- Animation or motion experience (Anima, Principle, Flinto, Webflow, etc.)
- Design cross platform products that are useful and solve real problems for users.
- Work with customers, SMEs, engineers, PMs and others to ship high quality products.
- Create and communicate with purpose, supporting your ideas and concepts with documentation like workflows, user stories, sketches, wireframes, prototypes and hi fidelity designs.
- Work within and improve existing design environments and maintaining consistency and evolution of these systems to keep them current with modern standards.
Our main tools
- Sketch, InVision, Slack, G-suite, Jira
- 2+ years in visual, UI/UX, interaction, or product design, with a strong portfolio
- University degree in design, relevant certification programs, or equivalent experience.
- Strong command of UX fundamentals